Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cherry Blossom Cordial & Pink Lemonade


Ok pink lemonade is self explanatory. Pink lemonade is waaaaay better then regular lemonade. (Because of the pinkness, duh.)

But this other one! I want, I need, I MUST TRY this pretty pink drink! First of all, I love grenadine. Did you know that in France, grenadine and water is a drink all by itself? It's like a Shirley Temple, minus the 7-Up soda. Did you all drink Shirley Temple's when you were little? I loved that drink with all of my being.

I am going to rename this drink Cherry Blossom Cordial because that sounds awesome.

Cherry Blossom Cordial

Ingredients:

2 cups water
1 tablespoon cherry blossom tea or any floral white tea
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup
1 1/2 tablespoon grenadine

Directions:

1. Heat the water in a medium pan over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat, add tea, and let sit 2 minutes. Strain immediately, and refrigerate liquid right away until cold, about 1 hour.

2. Combine tea, lemon juice, simple syrup, and grenadine. Pour over ice when ready to serve.

Serves 5.



2 comments:

Be a shiny piece of a rainbow and brighten our day won't you please? But if you say anything that might make us sad, your rainbow will be deleted. So be sweet, kind and remember that Hello Kitty sees all!