Sunday, March 11, 2012

Origami Lantern Tree


Julia and I made this spring cherry blossom mini-lantern tree last week. Want to know how much I love it? SOOOOOOOOO MUCH! When Julia came downstairs the next day after I had added even more lanterns, she said "Oh it's so pretty Mom!" More of the actual creating process is described over at Julia's Bookbag.

I think it's the perfect way to usher in the new season, and it cheers me no end to gaze at it, especially since the weather is not very springy right now. We used origami paper to make the lanterns and tissue paper to make the cherry blossoms, which we just stuck on with tape. The lanterns are so easy to make; you can find my tutorial about making lanterns here.


14 comments:

  1. Thank you Michelle! It's been a great spot of cheer, we're having a rain/wind storm right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these trees! It's just so so lovely :) And why don't you guys come over here today? The sun is shining, the sky is blue... its absolutely beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....that is SOOOOOO cute!! I did something similar one time when I hosted a bridal shower at my house. Instead of the lanterns, I hung pictures of the bride as a baby/small child. Kinda goofy, but the bride loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Robyn: Oh you cannot believe how awful it is here today -- I'm afraid to go outside but I gotta...boo.

    @ Luana: I'm so glad you like it! I LOVE that idea for a bridal shower -- that sounds amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty! And a wonderful idea for a bridal shower or even baby shower center piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Auntie!!! Totally agree about it being an awesome shower decor piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cutie! Who knew tissue paper could look so cheerfully blossomlike! well...probably a lot of people, but I am impressed! I feel like you need a mini Master Uguay to sit underneath and ponder the wonders of the universe...but thats just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Miss D -- I can never take it down....:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so perfect! Cute cute cute. You are always so inspirational! Muah, Faith

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you like it Aunty!!! It really helps keep the grey sky blues away...:)

    ReplyDelete

Be a shiny piece of a rainbow and brighten our day won't you please? But if you say anything that might make us sad, your rainbow will be deleted. So be sweet, kind and remember that Hello Kitty sees all!